Religions around the world as adduced by their respective zealots are proponents of humanity.Religion is regarded as an upholder of ethical values,but i flunk to assimilate the complexion of ethical conduct ascribed to woman.For i anticipate the duties imputed to infringe their fundamental human rights.
Religions across the globe have been relentlessly sabotaging women’s liberation.I am startled to espy that many women around the world have forsaken their liberty in the name of religion.They meticulously strive for being excellent slaves to the potent and his diabolic beliefs about the womenfolk.The scared texts deny the very idea of women’s freedom.We are all au courant about the liturgy that women have to subscribe, in order to be a religious lady.
As per manusmriti chapter 5:
147. By a girl, by a young woman, or even by an aged one, nothing must be done independently, even in her own house.
148. In childhood a female must be subject to her father, in youth to her husband, when her lord is dead to her sons; a woman must never be independent.
149. She must not seek to separate herself from her father, husband, or sons; by leaving them she would make both (her own and her husband’s) families contemptible.
151. Him to whom her father may give her, or her brother with the father’s permission, she shall obey as long as he lives, and when he is dead, she must not insult (his memory).
154. Though destitute of virtue, or seeking pleasure (elsewhere), or devoid of good qualities, (yet) a husband must be constantly worshipped as a god by a faithful wife.
156. A faithful wife, who desires to dwell (after death) with her husband, must never do anything that might displease him who took her hand, whether he be alive or dead.
However, there are some congenial things written about the treatment of women,yet in the light of these demeaning one’s ,they are non-existent.I mean it’s arduous for me to figure out an individual happiness when one is stripped off of all human rights.How can one smile fettered?
Quoting manusmriti is just the beginning.In my subsequent posts i will present more example’s of women apathy as disciples.Men since ages have camouflaged their misogynistic motives in the name of religion,and we have been mute spectators of our plight.